- Doctor of Strategic Leadership, Emphasis in Leadership Coaching
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Certified Management Consultant (IMC, U.S.A)
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC, IMC)
- Broad experience as a conference speaker and trainer
- Works monthly with teams of Christian Business Leaders
- Master Instructor Program graduate
- Author: Bold Leadership…Biblical Principles for Marketplace Impact
- Published numerous articles and other works
Meet Dr. Merlin Switzer
Since 2005, Dr. Merlin Switzer has worked exclusively in the field of leadership. His passion is helping leaders and leadership teams to be more effective, reaching new heights in performance. This quote by Gia McNutt former CEO of Special Order Systems, captures the outcome of this passion: “It has been a mere 12 months since Merle came to work with our organization, management team and individual staff. I can see a huge evolution and transformation. Merle was the catalyst who made this transformation possible. When the management team reflected on all the positive growth at the conclusion of our fiscal year, Merle and the work we did together was cited as one of the most important things we did.”
Dr. Switzer holds a Doctorate in Strategic Leadership with an emphasis in Leadership Coaching. He has worked with numerous companies, non-profits and government agencies across the U.S., has spoken at nearly thirty state, national or international conferences, and he has worked with leaders in Ecuador, Cambodia, and Northern Ireland.
Prior to starting his leadership coaching and consulting career, Dr. Switzer spent 28 years with a large organization. Nearly half of his career was spent at the management and executive levels. As an experienced leader, he frequently served as a catalyst to implement new programs or improve operations in teams and/or troubled areas. Twice in five years, he was selected as a Manager of the Year Finalist from among more than 80 managers and executives.
Dr. Switzer’s ability to communicate with a wide-range of audiences, passion to help others lead more effectively, and improve organizational performance makes him a popular conference speaker, trainer, and consultant, but most of all he’s a loving husband and dad to three sons and a daughter who love all kinds of outdoor activities.
About Switzer Associates Leadership Solutions
Switzer Associates Leadership Solutions has devoted itself solely to the study and practice of leadership development and providing key executive resources since 2003. Our Founder and CEO, Dr. Merlin Switzer has had a passion for leadership for more than 46 years. Executive coaching, assessments, team building, and leadership development programs are an integral part of the services we offer.
Our calling is to come alongside executive leaders who are serious about transforming their leadership. We believe that with the right commitment, leaders can profoundly impact their business and personal life. We serve as a catalyst to help facilitate that change through customized executive coaching, assessments, engaging training, tailored team building, and assistance with an array of strategic processes that move leaders toward achieving their goals. Our experience tells us that a blend of these approaches works the best and may involve other leaders in their company.
We focus on long-term relationships where we have the opportunity to understand each unique leader, their business culture, and the roadblocks they may be facing on the path to achieving great success. Change rarely happens overnight though we have witnessed a significant impact from just one coaching session.
Switzer Associates Leadership Solutions provides essential services to executive leaders, their teams, and businesses. Serving both small and mid-size businesses, the business leaders we assist come from a broad spectrum of industries, such as:
Each is faced with its unique challenges and motivations for growth. Additionally, a portion of our business is committed to coming alongside Christian business leaders.
We are proud to mention that historically, over 90 percent of requested work has been returning clients or referrals. We have established a track record for upholding the highest quality in customer service.
- Business and Information
- Finance and Insurance with a niche in working with CPA firms
- Government with an emphasis on police and fire organizations
Our mission is to serve as a catalyst to equip, inspire, and support executive leaders in becoming better stewards of their businesses and personal lives.
Our vision is to transform one leader at a time, leaving a profound impact on their business, personal life, and community. Everything we do is aimed at helping leaders, their teams, and businesses be more effective and unlock the greatness they already possess inside.
- Demonstrate integrity in all interactions
- Value our relationship with each unique leader
- Exceed expectations for service in every dimension
Hire Dr. Switzer to Speak
Need a guest speaker for your company, organization or club? Here’s a sampling of the leadership topics frequently addressed:
- Coaching for Performance Improvement (Number 1 executive coaching topic)
- Work/life balance and Margin
- Developing High Performing Teams
- Session One: Elements of High Performing Teams
- Session Two: Stages of Team Growth
- Session Three: Stages of Team Growth Looking at Jesus and His Disciples
- Strategic Thinking for Small Businesses
- Effective Delegation
- Executive Effectiveness – Are You Working on the Right Stuff?
- Bold Leadership – Biblical Principles for Improving Your Effectiveness
- Managing Conflict in the Workplace
- Leading Organizational Change
- Six Stages of Transition Cycle
- Building Commitment for Change
- Dealing with Resistance
- Building and Restoring Trust in the Workplace
- Employee Retention and Engagement
- Improving Organizational Communication
- Improving Personal Leadership
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Managerial Coaching Skills
- Time Management
- Developing A Strategic Planning
- Strategic Foresight – Identifying Your Preferred Future